Monday, February 13, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mr Lee Han Seng

Today is 13th of February 2006. The 70th birthday of my respectable teacher, Mr Lee Han Seng. He was my primary 6 chinese teacher in 1993. Although we'd been together only for a year, but the knowledge he gave us was something we, class 6K of SRJK(C) Bukit Beruang, treasured the most.

I still could recall the first day he came in our class early that morning. We were all so excited as we'll be having our new teacher. But to be honestly, when he stepped into our dirty class room, we were all had the greatest shock of our life (well not life, it should our school days). Why? Because he was a teacher who is in his late 50. With a thick glasses, a good boy kind of haircut, wrinkly face, carrying some old books and a wooden ruler, he didn't look at us at all. After putting down the books n the ruler, he grabbed a chalk and straight away have his name written on the blackboard. At that moment, I, who sit in the front row, can see transparently clear his whole figure. From hair to his shoes. He has the haircut like those soldiers in the combat movie had. But that's not what I see. What i saw is like those old Taiwan's movies where those old teachers were like. Exactly the same scene. I was wondering if he's even came from Taiwan. Well, that was my first impression of him.

Throughout the whole year, not only we learned lots of things, but we also had lots of fun stuff together. He was the first teacher to gave us all sorts of method of learning. Trust me, he got lots of methods. He also gave us informations which was not from our studies, like all kinds of phone numbers which will be useful to us when something happens. He's also the first teacher to take us out for an outting. The destination was the craziest of all, which we didn't even think of, that is the big mountain behind our school. That was the time we had the greatest time of all. He even made up a song for us to sing while we pushed ourselves up into the mountain. Wish I could have that chance again. Apart from that, he also teached us to dance. Not just any dance, it was a China's natives dance, which he learned when he visited China.

The last day at school, one of my friend couldn't hold her feelings, burst into tears. We have to seperate with our beloved teacher. Well to me, it's not farewell yet. We still be seeing him if we visit him. But the crying just made our tears flowed.

Now, every Chinese New Year, I'll be visiting him. That's the only chance I get to see him. But these 2 years, I failed to do so because of my job. I felt so sorry and sad. What I can do now is to pray for him. Hope he will have a healthy, longevity life.

Happy Birthday, Mr Lee!

No comments: